Tajweed Course Lesson Number - 37 with Practical Practice Videos and Notes for Kids, Men & Women
First Watch Tajweed Practice Videos Carefully:
Lesson Number: 37
Wuqoof - Stops
The Holy Quran combines several stop signs. Some of them are:
Round: Ayat sign.
Mim: Optional stop sign.
Jeem: Compulsory stop sign.
Taw: General stop sign
And there are also combinations such as. When any of i.e. above stop sign is met with during the course of recitation of the Holy Quran, there are certain rules to follow, in order to stop there.
1. If the word ends in Jazm there is no modification of sound at the stop.
Example: - is read 'Kuwwerat'
2. If the word ends in, it is regarded to be
Example: - is read 'Nissa'.
3. If the word ends with a sign which is not Jazm, it is changed to Jazm which then connects the preceding letter.
Example: - is read 'Malak' '11; is read 'Shuhada' with a catch at end. Is read 'Ghairih'.
4. Ending changes to (ha with Jazm)
Example: - is read 'Quwwah'.
5. Blank Aliph, with a double Fatha before it, changes to Fatha and Aliph remains blank.
Example: - is read Juz'a'. Is read 'Raqiba'.
6. If the word ends in blank Aliph, but there is no double Fatha before it. There is no change in sound at the stop.
Example: - is Tahtadu".
7. If the word ends in blank 'ya' and the sign preceding it, is double Fatha, then ya changes to Aliph and double Fatha to simple Fatha.
Example: - is read ‘Duha’
8. If the word ends in blank 'ya' and there is vertical Fatha before it, there is no change of sound at the stop.
Example: - Is read ‘Aba’.
More examples for practice are given below together with equivalent Arabic in each case.
The stop signs
This sign is frequently met with, in the Holy Quran. Here-one.may not stops. Both options are open.
Not stopping at La: In this case, the sign is regarded to be just La', which means do not stop. One has to proceed on, to the next word without pause, connecting the next word if need be.
Example: - is read `Rahima(n)wwalmuhsinatu'.
Stopping at In this case, the sign is regarded to be just which is the sign of 'Ayat' meant for stopping. But the stop is observed according to proper rules, given earlier.
Beginning the next word after: Here there are three cases.
1. If the word next to begins with Shadda, the Shadda is replaced by Fatha changes to (Rahima Walmuhsinatu). Further illustrations of not stopping and stopping at are given below
2. If the word after ° begins with a blank Aliph and a Lam or it begins with Nun-Qutni and a Lam. the start is made with Fatha, and without Nun-Qutni. Changes to (Alarnin. Arrahmanirrahim). I tot changes to (Arda. Alladhina). Further illustration of not stopping and stopping at are given below.
3. If the word after begins with a blank Aliph or with a Nun-Qutni, but there is no Lam after it, the word is then started with a sign, same as that of the 3rd letter after.
Changes to (Haruna Akhi. Ushdud bihi). Changes to (Nafura. Istikbaran). Further illustrations of not stopping and stopping at are given below.