Cucumber Health Benefits, Uses & Cures in Holy Quran and Ahadith

Cucumber (Kheera) Health Benefits, Uses & Cures in Holy Quran and Ahadith

Cucumber Health Benefits in Holy Quran and Ahadith
Family: Cucurbitaceae
Genus:  Cucumis
Species: C. sativus
Urdu name: Khira
Arabic name: Qissa, Khiarun
English name: Cucumber

Cucumber (Kheera) Health Benefits/ Uses / Cures:


Cucumber kheera in Holy Quran and Ahadith

۩ Cooling Tonic
۩ Fight cancers
۩ Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon
۩ Vermifuge
۩ Purgative
۩ Increase weight
۩ Reduces cholesterol
۩ Good for diabetics
۩ Keeps kidneys in shape
۩ Soothes muscle and joint pain
۩ Smooths hair and nails
۩ Helps digestion
۩ Refreshes the mouth
۩ Stabilizes blood pressure
۩ Cuts cancer
۩ Revives the eyes
۩ Lavishes you with vitamins
۩ Flushes out toxins
۩ Fights heat, both inside and out
۩ Keeps you hydrated
۩ Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain

Cucumber (kheera) in Holy Qur’an:


۝  And (remember) when you said, “O Mûsâ (Moses)! We can not endure one kind of food. So invoke your Lord for us to bring forth for us of what the earth grows, its herbs, its cucumbers, its Fûm (wheat or garlic), its lentils and its onions.” (Sûrah 2. Al-Baqarah, Verse. # 61).

Cucumber (kheera) in Ahadith:


۞ It was narrated ‘Abdullah bin Ja’far said:

“I saw the Messenger of Allah () eating cucumbers with dates.”
(Sunan Ibn Majah, Chapters on Food, Vol. 4, Book 29, Hadith 3325, Grade: Sahih by Darussalam)

۞ ‘Abdullah b. Ja’far reported:

I saw Allah’s Messenger () eating cucumber with fresh dates. (Sahih Muslim, The Book of Drinks, Book 36, Hadith 204)

۞ Narrated Abdullah bin Ja’far (May Allah be pleased with him): I saw Allah’s Apostle eating fresh dates with cucumber [Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, Ibne Majah, Abu Dawud ].

۞ Narrated Hazrat Aisha (May Allah be pleased with him), Ummul Mu’minin (May Allah be pleased with him):

My mother intended to make me gain weight to send me to the (house of) the Messenger of Allah (). But nothing which she desired benefited me till she gave me cucumber with fresh dates to eat. Then I gained as much weight (as she desired). (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book of Medicine (Kitab Al-Tibb), Book 29, Hadith 49, Grade: Sahih)

۞ It was narrated that Hazrat ‘Aishah (May Allah be pleased with him) Ummul Mu’minin (May Allah be pleased with him) said:

“My mother was trying to fatten me up when she wanted to send me to the Messenger of Allah () (when she got married), but nothing worked until I ate cucumbers with dates; then I grew plump like the best kind of plump.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Chapters on Food, Vol. 4, Book 29, Hadith 3324, Grade: Sahih by Darussalam)

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about cucumber benefits. Please keep sharing.
    Celery Cucumber Juice Benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir i need do follow link at your site thank u.

    ReplyDelete