Hijab - Lisa from New York

Lisa 

"I'm a Latina American and I converted to Islam 20 years ago. The first thing I accepted in Islam is that God has no partners and no sons, He is one and there is none like Him. The last thing I accepted was Hijab. Coming from a Latin American culture, that was the hardest part for me. I started weaning into it by wearing hats and scarves. As I got used to that, it eventually evolved into hijab.
My hijab is a reminder to myself and others, that I represent something bigger than myself. Between being the only Hijabi at a family reunion and the occasional Islamophobe, it's not always easy but well worth it.
May Allah help all Muslims represent the light of Islam in our daily actions, Ameen."- Lisa from New York

Click Here Hijab Info

Post a Comment

0 Comments